We are looking to hire an experienced Automation Sales Consultant with outstanding vision to develop a strategy to build an incredible territory. You will be joining a world class sales team. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned and motivated sales professional capable of leveraging their business relationships to build new business. This is a unique opportunity to play a significant role in driving sales in the fast growing automation space.
- Execute a sales process including prospecting, lead generation/qualification/follow-up, and order closing focusing on maximizing value for McMurray Stern and its partners. This will be supported by Marketing and Sales Operations.
- In addition to identifying End User customer prospects, the Automation Sales Consultant will be responsible for cultivating relationships in company specified industry verticals.
- Calling on end-users, attending industry events and conferences, and utilizing tools to help communicate value to the end-users
- Working alongside talented Application Engineers to drive proof of concept development and application design comfortability for end-users
- Bachelors in any technical discipline such as mechanical, electrical, chemical, industrial or business degree preferred
- Experience selling in the industrial automation is required
- Minimum 3+ years of selling experience with proven track record of achieving or over-achieving quota
- Experience with the daily use and administration of SalesForce.com or other Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools
- Experience with AutoCad and MS Office Suite required.
- Enjoys working in an agile, fast-paced, startup environment. Ability to wear multiple hats
- Independent, self-starter – able to set agenda and drive progress with little direction
- Possesses critical thinking and decision-making, analytical problem solving, business astuteness, and process orientation skills
- Superior organization, attention to detail, and communication skills
- Ability to work with teams at all levels of the organization. Collaboration is exciting to you and you enjoy understanding the perspectives of others
- Highly respected and approachable. Ability to be agile, tenacious and maintain a sense of humor
- Experience working with small to mid-sized startups is a plus