With the explosion of e-commerce, many businesses are turning to last mile delivery as a way of scaling their platform. Last mile delivery is possible for all businesses, regardless of size or complexity. There are different micro-fulfillment options that allow you to integrate a seamless last mile delivery service into your current operations. These services include automatic storage and retrieval systems that offer on-demand deliveries for business owners who need them.
The Last Mile Delivery market in the U.S. is estimated at $10.4 billion per 2021 data. China, the world’s second largest economy, is forecast to reach a projected market size of US $8.8 billion by 2026 trailing a CAGR of 7.1% over the analysis period. Among the other noteworthy geographic markets are Japan and Canada, each forecast to grow at 7.2% and 6.1% respectively over the analysis period. Within Europe, Germany is forecast to grow at approximately 6.2% CAGR.
Last Mile Delivery for Small & Medium Businesses
Micro-fulfillment makes last mile delivery possible. There are micro-fulfillment options that can work in as little as 5,000 square feet of space making store-level fulfillment attainable for small to medium sized businesses.
A recent survey of 2,800 consumers revealed four key benefits to companies offering exceptional last-mile delivery services to their customers.
- Increased loyalty when faster delivery options are made available
- Greater willingness to pay for faster speed of delivery
- More frequent purchases
- Higher monthly spend
In fact, 74% of the shoppers surveyed typically spent up to 12% more at retailers with superior last-mile service.
Quality Micro-fulfillment Options
We know customers are willing to pay higher delivery charges for fast delivery. And, younger consumers (30 or younger) are willing to pay the highest across all age groups for faster deliveries.
So that means last mile delivery expectations will only grow as this younger generation ages. Investing in last mile delivery and micro-fulfillment options is money well-spent. You’ll recover your investment quickly if you can offer a great last mile delivery experience to your shoppers.
McMurray Stern is Leading the Way in Micro-fulfillment & Last Mile Delivery
We have five different approaches to meet your automated micro-fulfillment needs putting you on a path to a superior last mile delivery service whether you’re trying to accomplish fulfillment at the store-level or looking to attain mini-warehouses in your area.
Each solution offers a different price option, rate, and speed.
- Vertical Lift Modules are an ideal storage solution for products, components, and small items. Many retail and grocery companies have chosen our lifts to help organize and improve their workflow, thanks to their flexibility, wide range of models available, superior design, and ease of use.
- Carousels enable highly efficient storage and picking processes in the smallest possible space. An outstanding solution for handling small parts along with medium to slow-moving products including retail, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, electronics components, media, and food items.
- Shuttle Systems are used in a variety of different industries, enhancing storage efficiency. Reliably move containers and cartons weighing up to 35 kg, or combine shuttles, lifts, and a racking system. This allows for flexibility, space optimization, and high levels of technical performance.
- Pouch Sorters & Carriers enable the accumulation, buffering, distributing, and sorting of goods. Pouch sorters have high throughput, are low maintenance, and have universal usage for goods weighing up to 3 kg. You can connect various secondary load carriers to this adapter manually or as a fully automated system.
- HAIPICK Robots offer intelligent picking and handling, navigation, active obstacle avoidance, and autonomous charging. Characterized by its high stability and precision, the robot can replace the repetitive, time-consuming, and heavy manual storage and handling work, realizing efficient and intelligent “goods to person” picking and significantly improving the warehouse’s storage density (by up to 130%) and operational efficiency (3-4x).
Ready to give your customers an exceptional last mile delivery experience? We’ve got the solutions to help you get there! Our consultants are ready when you are. Contact us today!