This position is responsible for the design, and specification of static and automation projects from concept though final detail drawings. The individuals that we bring on board must be willing to learn and cross train in related fields.
- Meet with customers onsite and via Teams to discuss current issues and develop solutions
- Collaborate with Design Consultants to design complex storage solutions
- Create drawings using AutoCAD and Configura
- Request vendor pricing and create estimates using EManage
- Design and price Vertical Lift Modules (VLMs)
- analyze customer data and create process flows using AutoCad to improve efficiency of operations.
- Develop visual process flows in the warehouse, manufacturing and similar industries.
- Work quickly on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Analyze customer data to develop solutions to meet customer business needs.
- Assists in the development of proposal documents.
- Work on internal company improvement project (ie. Kaizen events, costing templates, forecasting etc) when needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment successfully
- BS/BA in mechanical, industrial electrical engineering or related discipline or advanced degree, required.
- Experience with Space saver, SSI Schaefer or similar products and technologies a plus but not required
- Strong innovative and creative thinking, as evidenced in individual work
- Ability and willingness to learn new products in our industry
- High degree of proficiency in AutoCad required
- Must also be proficient in MS Office Suite (Access, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 1 – 3 years of successful experience working in supply chain, material handling, distribution center operations a plus.